Prev: Re: Hallo? Next: Re: "real" weapons tech thread (was: cou

Re: Starship Troopers

From: "Joe A. Troche" <trochej@s...>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 04:15:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers

Does anyone know where I can see a complete description (including
political
structures) of the NAC, ESU, etc...

In "Starship Troopers", I believe the franchise one earned from military
service pertained to interstellar government.  The local planatary
governments were not affected.	What happened after the long war when
the
power to control space (Interstellar Government) was in the hands of
former
military - arguably like-minded individuals.  Maybe the instellar
government
would be looked upon as a kind patriarch, certainly right after the war
when
public opinion is high.

Such a minority controlled goverment could lead to rebellion,
factionalization of the interstellar leaders (Alexander, 323 B.C.) the
possibilities are endless. Heinlen had a terrible idea, voter
registration
through military service, but the circumstances of such a government
creates
a multitude of Full Thrust campaigns :)

I can see the Border Wars waging.

Prev: Re: Hallo? Next: Re: "real" weapons tech thread (was: cou