Prev: Re: Yanks... Next: Re: Starship Troopers

Re: Starship Troopers

From: thomas.granvold@E... (Tom Granvold)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 14:25:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers

>	Just what is this "political context."	I have not read ST yet
> (I've got a copy, I just need to set aside the time to read it.)  The
> blurb on the	backcover says that it's considered Heinlien's most
> "contraversial" novel.  Why, is that?

    It is hard to see why _Starship Troopers_ would be Heinlein's most
"contraversial", especially when comparted to _Stranger in a Strange
Land_.
As far as political goes, well at one place in ST he suggests that the
only people who have been in the miltary can vote.  Of course this is
based on my reading the book over 20 years ago.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Re: Yanks... Next: Re: Starship Troopers