Prev: Re: Yanks... Next: Re: Yanks...

Re: Starship Troopers

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 12:27:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996 BJCantwell@aol.com wrote:

> And as an added bonus, I've heard that Verhoven/the writers gutted all
of the
> political context from the book, which were some interesting points
even if
> you don't share the view.  I expected them to gut the books message,
but you
> would have thought that the PA would be a special effect worth
keeping.....

	Just what is this "political context."	I have not read ST yet
(I've got a copy, I just need to set aside the time to read it.)  The
blurb on the  backcover says that it's considered Heinlien's most
"contraversial" novel.	Why, is that?

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live...at least
awhile.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to
trade
all the days from this day to that for one chance--just one chance--to
come
back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they'll
never
take our FREEDOM!"
					--Mel Gibson (as Sir William
Wallace)
					"Braveheart"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=
DISCLAIMER:  The opinions expressed here are solely those of the
author's
who doesn't care whether or not you think he is a right wing nut.
Please
forgive any spelling and/or grammatical errors for he is also a victim
of
the American public education system.

Prev: Re: Yanks... Next: Re: Yanks...