Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku stuff Next: Re: Sa'Vasku stuff

Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 17:51:05 -0500
Subject: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Mike Miserendino wrote:

> joachim wrote:
> >@:)	If the total of the Sensor roll is greater than the ECM roll,
> >@:) the player can shoot at that ship. If it is equal or lower, then
> >@:) the defending unit is safe.  A ship can attempt to illuminate the
> >@:) ship again but it must have a free and working fire-con.
> >
> >  This is good, but will require a lot of work.  What might work
> >better would be to have a roll to target the ship - and once it's
been
> >targeted have it remain shootable for the remainder of the scenario.
>
> If it is shootable the remainder of the scenario, what's painting it?
The
> same firecon?  If the firecon establishes a new target next turn or
doesn't
> hand off the target data to another ship, the lock would be lost.  I
like
> the idea of rolling for each shot for realism.  BTW fine job on the
ideas
> Mark.  I think I'll give it a try soon.

	You also have to remeber that a crafty starship driver can
adjust
his ECM and re-establish jamming....

	Thanks for the comments Mike.  I am HTMLizing the rules and
adding a few more ideas.   BTW does anyone know where I can find some
pictures of space ships that fit the "near future" genre? (You know,
clunky and modular with fusion torch engines and SDI style weapons.)

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=
DISCLAIMER:  The opinions expressed here are solely those of the
author's
who doesn't care whether or not you think he is a right wing nut.
Please
forgive any spelling and/or grammatical errors for he is also a victim
of
the American public education system.

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku stuff Next: Re: Sa'Vasku stuff