Prev: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas Next: coupla Full Thrust questions inspire some

Re: Campaign Systems

From: "Cleyne, Daniel" <DCleyne@v...>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 16:33:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Campaign Systems

> > Some friends and I are trying to start up a long term FT and DSII
campaign.
> > The first main question that came to mind was how to mate the two
different
> > point systems.
>
> Why mate them?

Well there are two reasons which are fairly interconnected. The first is
wanted to be able to provide a background where the players could choose
be "warlords" and controls the production and economic portions of their

particular parts of space. This meant that I need some form of currency
and
it seemed natural to tie this to an existing point system. The other
reason
is that as a software engineer I have this undying urge to computerise
everything and a database system is easier to write and maintain with
one
base currency/point system than it is with many.

Dan

Prev: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas Next: coupla Full Thrust questions inspire some