Prev: Re: REALSPACE discussion Next: Removal

RE: Re[2]: Re[2]: coupla Full Thrust questions inspire some tactics

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 08:37:21 -0500
Subject: RE: Re[2]: Re[2]: coupla Full Thrust questions inspire some tactics

Adam Delafield writes:
@:)
@:) [ about high-g manouvers and shooting things in space with lasers ]

  Probably all these calculations are not completely impossible, at
least if we're not talking about relativistic speeds.  Your next
problem would be getting a beam that can actually get to the target.
Right now that is so far beyond our capabilities that it's not even
funny.	Railguns work ok, though.  But not as good as the BMSO people
say they do.

  I think if the people in FT have enough technology to shoot at
things that are hundreds, thousands or maybe even millions of
kilometers away, they probably have the technology to hit them.

  Oh and as for radar lighting one's self up for everyone to see, some
of you might be interested to read an article in the November (?)
issue of Scientific American about detectors that don't interact with
the detected object.  Well, they do, but to a tunable and arbitrarily
small extent.  It might be completely possible to make an _extremely_
low emissions radar system at some time in the future.

-joachim

Prev: Re: REALSPACE discussion Next: Removal