Prev: Re: Babylon5 Battles? Next: Re: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...)

RE: Babylon5 Battles?

From: Timothy Klaus <tklaus@m...>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 19:35:25 -0400
Subject: RE: Babylon5 Battles?

----------
From:	"<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu>
Sent:	Thursday, October 24, 1996 11:34 AM
To:	FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
Cc:	FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
Subject:	Re: Babylon5 Battles?

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Niall Gilsenan wrote:

> > Date:	   Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:25:44 +0100
> > From:	   Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@bolton.ac.uk>
> > Reply-to:	   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> > To: 	   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> > Subject:	   Babylon5 Battles?
>
> > Date sent:	24-OCT-1996 10:21:31
> >
> > I've just been looking at the TFG web page. Apparently, they are
> > very closely tied with Agents of Gaming, which does not bode well
> > for the new B5 game.
>
> Oh dear.
>
>  In fact, Agents of Gaming are responsible for
> > much of the SFB material including the Newsletter and PBM variant.
> >
> Oh dear, oh dear.
>
> > With such a strong link, what are the chances of the B5 game being
> > nothing but a clone of SFB? Damn high I'd say. (But then again,
> > the Earthforce Sourcebook variant will probably be nothing more
> > than a clone of FT 8-)  ).
>
> Oh dear (you get the the idea by now).  Considering that I have tried
> playing SFB and failed miserably at getting a game up and running in
any
> reasonable length of time, this is very bad news.  It had occured to
me
> that the Starfury diagram that appeared on the AOG site reminded of
some
> game.  Now that we know that its SFBinfluenced  I can see the horror
of it
> already.  20 pages on the various complexities of how a ship jumps
into
> warp (see subsection X3.1214, Ooops not in this supplement!!).
>
> Looks as if the only items of interest will be the ships.

	Ahhmmm.
	If you read the AoG page you will see a disclaimer mentioning
the
fact that Babylon 5 Wars has NOTHING to do with SFB, TFG, or ADB.  In
E-Mail I have recieved from AoG they have stated that B5 Wars will be
NOTHING like SFB an any way shape manner or form.  I think we are
gettting just a little paranoid here.  We should wait for the game to
come out THEN pass judgement on the system.  In the meantime, they are
planning WWW-based playtesting of B5 Wars.  I suggest we get involved
with these tests and try to influence the game as much as possible (This

way if the game screws-up we have only ourselves to blame.)

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=
DISCLAIMER:  The opinions expressed here are solely those of the
author's
who doesn't care whether or not you think he is a right wing nut.
Please
forgive any spelling and/or grammatical errors for he is also a victim
of
the American public education system.

I agree with Mark, on this game .
If we donn't want another SFB variant then lets get into this new B5
game befor it hits the market. SFB is a bad tatical combat sim. I and my
freinds have played it and the dislike for it went as far that we gave
the game to some dummy , that gave it to some other dummy, from theree
Idon't know where and really don't care. The only things that remains
are the minis.

tim klaus tklaus@midusa.net.

Prev: Re: Babylon5 Battles? Next: Re: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...)