Prev: Re: rules lawyer question Next: Re: FW: E-mailvirus!

Re: rules lawyer question

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 20:40:30 -0400
Subject: Re: rules lawyer question

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:

>   Cloaking devices mass "1 per 10 mass of ship".  Does anyone here
> think that should mean they mass 0 for ships of mass 9 or less?  I
> didn't think so.  I didn't bother arguing the point with my
> campaignmates - I just silently deleted a PDAF and amended the cost
> appropriately, but I think the idea of a mass 2 cloaked scout with a C
> battery and a PDAF is really neat.  I'm just wondering whether there's
> a general consensus on this or any similar rules which can result in
> zero masses or costs in degenerate cases.

The rule should probably read "for 1 for every 10 mass or fraction
thereof."

Since a mass 15 ship should probably be required to use 2 mass for a
cloak, not just one.  So it makes sense that ships of mass less than 10
should have to commit one mass to the cloaking device.

--Binhan Lin

Prev: Re: rules lawyer question Next: Re: FW: E-mailvirus!