Prev: RE: FT Thrust question... Next: rules lawyer question

Small ship survivability

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 14:58:38 -0400
Subject: Small ship survivability

Alan Greep writes:
@:)
@:)   Also fast little ships with A batteries on are real killers
@:)   keeping at longer ranges and when they get armed up with a pulse
@:)   torpedoe (min size 10) and get in close they can be real
@:)   vicious.

  Likewise, if all your ships are small (biggest ship to show itself
in our current campaign is mass 50 (one of a kind) and it's very
likely that, ignoring that one, the biggies are all maxed out mass 36
cruisers) putting level 1 screens on an escort can work wonders.
People just don't think of it, I guess, but when it's escort v escort,
a screen and an A or B battery can convert your ship from a
traffic-control vessel to an elite hunter-killer.  Against big ships
level 1 screens aren't as good but they do make the bad guys tend to
spend _way_ too much energy on your twiddly little ships, thus saving
your bigger guys the trouble of getting piffled.

-joachim

Prev: RE: FT Thrust question... Next: rules lawyer question