Prev: RE: FW: E-mailvirus! Next: RE: FT Thrust question...

RE: FT Thrust question...

From: timj@u...
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 04:06:02 -0400
Subject: RE: FT Thrust question...

Peter Caron

makes a good point

--Has anyone out there noticed that the small ships in fleet
--engagements tend to get blown up too easily.

I too was thinking especially in a PBEM game where a small ship is all
you have
that they seem to die too easily. In reality a destroyer in something
like 'Sink
the Bismark' survived unless it go too close to the Bismark.

I like Peter's adaptation, which give a to hit penalty to simulate the
small
ship jinking around. That is the advantage a small ship has it can
manouever
radically enough to avoid being hit (helmsman evasive...).

Has anyone played deflection rules in FT - there were some good rules in
an ICE
starship game that had a deflection table - this could be modified
(simplified)
to the FT paradigm.  Basicaly crossing shots are more likely to miss
than
up-the-kilt or down-the-throat shots. If you've every played X-wing
againt a
Tie-Advanced you know what I mean.

I hope Peter reports back on the play test.

Tim

Prev: RE: FW: E-mailvirus! Next: RE: FT Thrust question...