Prev: Re: SGII: Question for Jon Tuffley re: NSL MICV GMS/L Next: PentaCon '96

Re: SGII: Question for Jon Tuffley re: NSL MICV GMS/L

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@a...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:05:23 -0400
Subject: Re: SGII: Question for Jon Tuffley re: NSL MICV GMS/L

M.J.Elliott@uk22p.bull.co.uk wrote:
> See SGII p.30 AMMUNITION SUPPLY "..or any similar weapon...". The
question
> is whether a GMS/L is a similar weapon to a GMS/P? In my view it is,
so the
> ammunition supply rules would apply, but a vehicle mounted weapon
should
> probably have more rounds available than the smaller man-portable
type. I
> dunno, say 5?

Well, with TOWs on Bradleys carrying 13 reloads, 5 by default seems a
little low.  Maybe go with 10 as the default number of shots for an
unmodified tube, and modify the size/cost by 1/10ths, rounded up in all
cases.	Thus, a 20 shot GMS/L would cost and require twice the space of
a basic GMS/L, but have twice the ammo and still be only /one/ tube.
It'd still be the same cost and size as two GMS/L tubes, however, though
the latter can fire two missiles a turn for half as long.

--
Alexander Williams {zander@photobooks.com   ||Member: Evil Geniuses
		    thantos@alf.dec.com}    ||For a Better Tomorrow

"Perhaps we should lower our mental trousers and compare the size of
 our consciousnesses?"
				       -- Jan Sands to Marvin Minsky
					  comp.ai.genetic
		<http://www.photobooks.com/~zander/>

Prev: Re: SGII: Question for Jon Tuffley re: NSL MICV GMS/L Next: PentaCon '96