Prev: Re: Beam Batteries Next: Re:Honor Harrington

Re: Beam Batteries

From: Alex Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:51:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Beam Batteries

> In my experience, broadside ships are lethal - if they manage to keep
the
> enemy in the fire-arc of their broadside. Small attack ships (eg, a DD
> with lots of forward-arc B batteries) are lethal - as long as they
point
> towards their target. In a single arc, broadside weapons will win out
if
> the ship fires into more than one arc simultaneously; but a ship with
> three-arc weapons can concentrate more fire into one arc.

Personally, I /like/ broadsides ships to have some sort of `advantage'
over just mounting everything 3-arc or forward.  Using the right
tactics, broadsides convoys flanked with some quick-turning escorts
can lay down devestating fire over an area.

Mind you, this from someone that enjoys Leviathan.  :)

Prev: Re: Beam Batteries Next: Re:Honor Harrington