Prev: Re: DSII: infantry models? Next: Tactics and methods of the ESU Red banne

Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)

From: Brian Bell <103311.1205@C...>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 12:25:07 -0400
Subject: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)

SPOILER B5 ... episode: Walkabout
.
"When Lyta Alexander engaged the Shadow Cruiser she declared that she
needed a "line of sight" in order for it to work, so they moved White
Star so that it pointed at the Shadow vessel."
What she said was "I need a line of sight". It means it helps if a
telepath can
"visualize" a specific target. While she could visulize a typical Shadow
ship,
she knew it would be helpful to identify the specific target. She
suscpected she
would be pushing her limits.

They probably pointed the White Star at the Shadow Cruiser because the
main
sensor points forward (also possibly the strongest shields or armor*).

Place your bets! How long will it take the Shadows to place their
telepaths
ships to counter this tactic? Sounds like a good strategy anyway. Use
telepaths
to confuse/distract the crew on opposing vessels (Yes, I know they were
attacking the bio-vessel).

Brian Bell
103311.1205@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

* I only started watching B5 about 5 episodes ago. :-(
  So, please pardon my lack of knowledge about its design.

Prev: Re: DSII: infantry models? Next: Tactics and methods of the ESU Red banne