Prev: Re: Age of Iridium Game Update Next: SGII: Rommel Hover Tank w/ Rail Gun

Re: DSII: infantry models?

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 22:36:30 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: infantry models?

In message <199610110101.SAA25988@dfw-ix5.ix.netcom.com>
osiris.1@ix.netcom.com (Warmaster Horus) writes:
> I've been looking for some infantry figs for DSII, but have some
> questions...
> I'm looking for figs that will match the scale of the vehicles, unlike

> GW's epic stuff (how on Terra would you fit ten Marines in a dinky
> Rhino?).
>
> I'm going nuts, 'cause I want lots of PBI running around getting
capped
> by armor but I have no infantry figs other than epic. Those cartoony
> color schemes just don't cut it on the DSII field!

Here's a suggestion... don't limit yourself to SF manufactures. Try
historical manufacturers as well. My recommendation for DSII inf.
stands would be "Main Force Miniatures" Mod. British. The best
thing about them is that they are modelled lying prone on a base in
4's or 2's. Makes them very easy to paint, no basing, and the little
bastards don't break at the ankles, even if you jump up and down on
them.

--
David Brewer

Prev: Re: Age of Iridium Game Update Next: SGII: Rommel Hover Tank w/ Rail Gun