Prev: Re: HQ Red Banner Fleet of the ESU Next: RE: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Cou

Re: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 13:34:16 -0400
Subject: Re: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter

In message <009A9A11.E726BE70.38@basil.acs.bolton.ac.uk> Alan wrote:

> Date sent:  10-OCT-1996 08:55:39
>
> >For those interested, most of the NSL fleet can be seen at:
> >
> >	   http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/NeuSwabian/Fleet.html
>
> Just a quick note. You say that NSL ships are generally
unmanouverable,
> yet most of your ships have thrust 4 (Even your largest ships appear
> to be thrust 4). What happened to the thrust 2 monsters.

They got left behind at the starting post :)

I'm mainly referring to the escort ships (some of which are thrust 4).
Consider also, that without armour, the capital ships would be thrust
6, considering the power of their drives.

> I find thrust 4 to be quite maneuverable, especially when combined
with
> multi arc weapons. In fact it is the standard Thrust rating for all
> federation ships in my FT/Starwars games.
>
> May I suggest you try out a few experimental designs with Thrust 2?

Been there, done that, found that they were just too slow. I've got
a fleet carrier - the Stuttgart - which is thrust 2, and I'm going
to upgrade it to thrust 4, because it just doesn't go anywhere.
Especially when trying to avoid missiles...

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: HQ Red Banner Fleet of the ESU Next: RE: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Cou