Prev: HELP!!!! Next: Re: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter

Re: Beam Batteries

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 13:34:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Beam Batteries

I've been toying with some ideas for my Traveller/FT conversions,
and I've thought of some ways to disadvantage weapons with large
fire arcs - making them more vulnerable.

Basically, weapons with two or three fire arcs are assumed to be
mounted on turrets, and have less armour (I'm using armour as the
primary means of defence, not shields). Allowing fighters and
maybe smaller weapons to pinpoint weapon systems, makes single
arc weapons tougher to take out, and almost useful.

I'm also giving spinal mounted weapons (any beam weapon can be
spinal mounted) a 25% mass reduction.

This all means a few extra rule complications, but I intend to
use it in a roleplaying setting, where you'll only have a few
ships involved in combat.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: HELP!!!! Next: Re: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter