Prev: Re: Beam Batteries Next: Re: Beam Batteries

Re: Streamlining

From: FieldScott@a...
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 13:45:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Streamlining

Simon Tolfree writes:

>  Hi
>
>  This is my first message to the Full Thrust mailing list

Howdy!	(Sorry, just got back from Missouri. It always takes me a few
days to
return to normal.)  ;)

>  What is the purpose of full and partial streamlining, other than the
>  fact that you can enter a planets atmosphere.  I am currently having
an
>  argument with a friend over it!  For example can you attack Dirtside
>  forces with the ship?

As far as the rules are concerned, I think the only game-difference
streamlining could make is if you're trying to enter planetary orbit and
are
going either too fast or too slow. In my games, streamlining has only
been
important for campaign games or special scenarios. As for attacking
ground-based troops with spaceships, I guess you could permit this for
fully-streamlined ships depending on how well you think space-based
weapons
would work in an atmosphere (insert PSB of choice here).

Scott Field

“There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well
please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take
the
consequences”
						       P.J. O’Rourke

Prev: Re: Beam Batteries Next: Re: Beam Batteries