Prev: RE: Beam Batteries Next: Re: FT3, details of needed changes

Re: PDAF and ADAF's

From: rkp@m... (Robin Paul)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 06:21:05 -0400
Subject: Re: PDAF and ADAF's

>> Do most people out there fit ADAF's or PDAF's as standard equipment
on
>> cruiser or capital ships? or do you opt for "Aegis" destryoers and
>> cruisers loaded to the gills with ADAF's?
>
>> --Binhan Lin
>
>I fit most ships with at least one ADAF. I can then maul most fighter
>groups that get within 6". Only Destroyers and smaller fit PDAF
>only, and then some 'escort' ships are armed primeraly with
>ADAF. My fleets tend to be very fighter 'unfreindly'.

>a.delafield@bolton.ac.uk

A passing thought:  as most of us probably use the C-battery against
fighters/missiles idea, how about letting an ADAF add C-batteries, if
the
ship has them, to it's supporting anti-fighter fire.  Say, up to 2
C-batteries per ADAF, at double points but no extra mass for the
batteries.
That would permit WW2 style "heavy dual-purpose" secondary batteries on
heavy units, and CLAAs like the RN Dido or US Atlanta classes.

Just a notion!
Rob

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"

Prev: RE: Beam Batteries Next: Re: FT3, details of needed changes