Prev: Receipt: Message Received at 10-07-96 04:51:33 AM Next: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter

Beam Batteries and other Trek stuff.

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:07:21 -0400
Subject: Beam Batteries and other Trek stuff.

Adam Delafield wrote:

> You'll notice that in both cases, C batterys roll more dice, but A
> have a longer range. No weapon is 'better' than another, simply
> different.

	So the LR beams supposed to be phasers?

	So far the weapons debate has fallen into two camps:

1.  Phasers are equal in range and firepower to disruptors.
2.  Disrutors have shorter range but are more powerful than phasers.

	I not quite sure which idea to use just yet.

	I am pretty clear about one thing.  Ship construction:

	Federation Ships:  To reflect the "non-military military" nature
of
Federation ships use 50% of there mass for systems.  However, only half
of that total can be used for weapons and other "military" systems like
ECM and cloaking devices. The other 25% can be used for "peaceful"
systems like sensors (for all that productive star charting the Feds
does) and screens.  These rules would apply to TNG era ships (the TOS
series Federation doesn't have the lack of backbone it has in the 24th
century).  The only exception would be the Defiant which is supposed to
be a true "warship."
	All other powers (Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Dominion,
Maquis,
etc.), use the normal 50% rules for what ever systems they want.  They
are "unenlightened" and "barbaric" when compared to the "utopia" that is
the Federation. (Yes, I agreed with the Maquis double agent's little
speech at the end of the episode where Sisko's girlfriend gets
arrested.)

	Any suggestion?

Later,
Mark S.

Prev: Receipt: Message Received at 10-07-96 04:51:33 AM Next: PRESS RELEASE HQ ESU 3RD FLEET : Counter