Prev: Scatter Packs Next: RE: Star Trek Tech Questions

Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 04:20:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

Date sent:  7-OCT-1996 09:07:38

I used to be a Trekie, but I got better. Here are some answers.

>"1.  Which are stronger, phasers or disruptors?"

Disruptors cause more surface damage, but phasors penetrate a
greater depth. Whether you want to include this in game mechanics or not
is up to you. I use a different set of range bands (6") for disruptors,
but they roll more dice close up. (C starts at 2d6 etc). I belive that
in
SFB, disruptors have a longer range, not that I play it or anything.

>"2.  What's the difference between photon torpedoes and quantum
torpedoes?"

Weren't Quantum Torpedoes used to destroy the Array in the pilot of
Voyager? I'd make quantum torpedoes more powerful, but possibly
slower tracking. If using missiles, use needle missiles for photon
(always aimed at shields, even if the target doesn't have any. (Hey
it fits the background)) and Nuclear missiles for Quantum.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Scatter Packs Next: RE: Star Trek Tech Questions