Prev: Re: Storing FT minis Next: Re: Grenadier's "Space Squadrons"

Re: Storing FT minis

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 08:59:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Storing FT minis

John Crimmins wrote:
>Here's a question:
>	 What do you people out there use to store/transport your Full
Thrust
>miniatures?  I've been using the Chessex Figure storage cases, but they
>can't hold that many ships (Great for my Dirtside stuff, though.)  What
>makes things worse is that the larger NSL ships have all these bits
>projecting out that are doomed to be snapped off at the slightest
>provocation.  Any ideas that don't require any sort of construction?

One of quickest and cheapest ways I found to transport minis was to
apply
duct tape to the bottom of the bases and press the ship base into a deep
but
sturdy cardboard box.  I placed paper towels between the ships so they
would
not bump each other.

I'm working on making some custom storage units for the future.  I plan
mold soft foam halves in the shape of the ships and glue them to the
inside
of plastic binders.  Snap mounts on the outside will hold the unit
together.
The end result will resemble a book with solid protection for the minis
and
easy access. I like this idea better than the Chessex cases since I can
store them easily on bookshelves or travel containers (Besides the price
of
the Chessex containers!).

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Storing FT minis Next: Re: Grenadier's "Space Squadrons"