Prev: Re: What makes a carrier, a carrier? Next: RE: Babylon 5 Miniatures/Rules Manufacturers.

RE: What makes a carrier, a carrier?

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 17:28:52 -0400
Subject: RE: What makes a carrier, a carrier?

Simon Campbell-Smith wrote:
>I agree with you Mike. The Royal Navys carriers were all orginally
called
>through deck cruisers for political reasons (Aircraft Carrier sounds
more
>expensive!). A lot of european navies have very small aircraft
carriers.

Yep.  Recently, the US received back a carrier from Spain, the USS
Cabot.
The Cabot was a US jeep carrier in WWII.  It was sold to Spain after the
war
and served in the Spanish Navy as their flagship for several years after
WWII.  I think it was supposed to be moved to Chicago very soon as a
floating museum.

Through deck cruisers?	Cool.  I remember some ST ship types of the same
and
wondered if any wet navies actually used this designation.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: What makes a carrier, a carrier? Next: RE: Babylon 5 Miniatures/Rules Manufacturers.