Prev: RE: B5 SPOILER WARNING!!!!! ("Disaster!" and "B5 322") Next: RE: FYI: Death Star To Open Day Care Cen

Re: What makes a carrier, a carrier?

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 16:54:14 -0400
Subject: Re: What makes a carrier, a carrier?

In message <199609251549.QAA01266@bungle.ftel.co.uk> you wrote:

> Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@nada.kth.se> wrote:
>
> > However, you'd be very hard pressed to get more than one fighter bay
into
> > an escort-sized hull, so escort-sized micro-carriers don't need the
> > classification as 'carrier'. The only thing that classification does
it
> > to allow launch of two fighter squadrons per turn, and if you only
have
> > one...
>
> Strictly speaking, being classified as a carrier is what allows non
capitol
> ships to carry any fighters at all (fighters may only be mounted on
capitols
> or carriers).

Actually it's Dreadnaughts and Carriers. I always found that rule
rather silly, since anything which carries fighters could be
classed as a carrier. So it simplifies to: Only ships which carry
fighters can carry fighters :)

I do have a small pirate fleet, consisting entirely of escort
ships - some of which carry fighters (I'd say escorts don't
have the resources to refuel the fighters). A use for _Silent Death_
models at last...

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: RE: B5 SPOILER WARNING!!!!! ("Disaster!" and "B5 322") Next: RE: FYI: Death Star To Open Day Care Cen