Prev: Re: FT3, details of needed changes Next: Re: Aliens in SII/DSII (was Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad)

Re: DS2: Rules for the Kra'Vak

From: Andrew Cowell <cowell@c...>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 13:24:27 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2: Rules for the Kra'Vak

In message <009A8E7C.D54C6F01.317@basil.acs.bolton.ac.uk>, Adam
Delafield write
s:

> Humans HEL as main armament and Kra'Vak MDCs should give the two sides
> distinct differences (Perhaps with Humans having Missiles and Kra'Vak

That does work; my problem is, my forces don't use HEL's.  I'm just
not a laser kind of guy (they're near-future, anyway).	I was
thinking, somewhere along the campaign, someone finally gets the
bright idead to use a HEL against them...

> >Psych: Kra'Vak are extremely agressive, for whatever reason.  To
> >represent this, I've basically reversed human psych.  Kra'Vak don't
>
> This I like much more. I think it is more important to have the sides
> differ in psychology than it is in weaponry.

Yes, I absolutely agree.  I editted out some commentary, because the
message was awfully long, but the design differences were tacked on as
sort of an afterthought.  I tried to keep the design modificationsl
simple yet effective, and I think they're okay.

--
Andrew E. B. Cowell <cowell@cs.utk.edu>
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~cowell/

Prev: Re: FT3, details of needed changes Next: Re: Aliens in SII/DSII (was Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad)