Prev: Re: DS2: Artillery ammo design question Next: RE: stargrunt

Re: What makes a carrier, a carrier?

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 10:06:20 -0400
Subject: Re: What makes a carrier, a carrier?

Pete wrote:
>	Ages ago, there was some talk about the dividing line between
>a carrier and a non-carrier.  I believe it compared the MASS of the
>fighter bays vs. something else.  I need to know so I can update my
>gaming groups "House Rules".  Anyone remember what the "accepted"
>carrier classification is?

I think it was suggested to use ships with mass of at least cruiser size
for
carrying fighters.  Of course smaller surface ships of today, like
destroyers are capable of carrying aircraft as well, but with limited
capacity and facilities.

I like the idea of carrying fighters on ships smaller than capital size.
 It
seems logical since fleets might tend to be small when patroling the
vast
expanses of space, and might require some small craft support (e.g.
scouting, etc.).  This would be very helpful in campaigns.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: DS2: Artillery ammo design question Next: RE: stargrunt