Prev: RE: FT3, details of needed changes Next: RE: B5 SPOILER WARNING!!!!! ("B5 322")

RE: FT3?

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 12:04:31 -0400
Subject: RE: FT3?

>>  From: tsmccart@ewd.dreo.dnd.ca
>>  Subject: RE: FT3?
>>  Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 08:31:10 EDT
>>
>>  Of course, the biggest thing in any Full Thrust game is your ships'
velocity
>>  relative to fighters and missiles.	If your capital ships can safely
go faster
>>  than the fighters and missiles, and you use the optional rule where
fighters
>>  move after orders and before ships move, then a one-point turn can
fool the
>>  fighters and make them nearly useless.

The Right Thing <TM> to do is to make fighters and missiles move
in a fashion similar to the rest of the ships, perhaps allowing
some small fudging at the end to keep them from getting thoroughly
screwed.

As a rough draft, I'd play fighters as having a thrust of 6 maximum,
using the nimble maneuver rules (like the kravak or whatever they're
called), and allow them a 2" or 2 clock position fudge after their
move to make dogfights and being able to get into reasonable attack
position more likely.

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: RE: FT3, details of needed changes Next: RE: B5 SPOILER WARNING!!!!! ("B5 322")