Prev: RE: A, AA, BREW, ...*B5 SPOILERS* Next: Re: B5 -- the end of season 3

RE: TV SF's glorious past ;-)

From: "Absolutely Barking Stars" <jw4@b...>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 02:36:49 -0400
Subject: RE: TV SF's glorious past ;-)

On 17 Sep 96 at 9:05, Simon Campbell-Smith wrote:

> Oh god I feel old. I remember the first time it was on. Is the whole

> series supoosed to be set in 1980? I just loved that submarine with
the
> interceptor on the front!!! Although I haven't played SGII yet I rekon
> scenario based on hunting our organ thieving friends through the woods

> and gravel pits of England would be cool.

Yup. odd, really. It was made in 1975, and you wouldn't think 'five
years from now' was very Scifi. Equally odd that everything in it
(with the possible excpetion of the submersible & jet fighter) was
actually feasible in 1980. But why did those interceptors have one
missile? And why did they have wings, for that matter? Brilliant
(i.e. crap but good) TV though..

I had one of those interceptor toys with the spring loaded missile
when I was about 6. Now how old do you feel?

<cough> to keep it vaguely relevant, how about SGII rules for the
craft, and FT rules about missiles which detonate ahead of a vehicle
which then flies into the explosion?

			   TTFN
				    Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans list Home Page  -
	http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: RE: A, AA, BREW, ...*B5 SPOILERS* Next: Re: B5 -- the end of season 3