Prev: TV SF's glorious past ;-) Next: Re: Fighter movement

Re: Fighter movement

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:41:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighter movement

>>  From: Samuel Penn <sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk>
>>  Subject: Fighter movement
>>  Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 13:35:54 +0100
>>
>>  Has anyone else found the rules on fighter movement rather silly?

Dim is the word I'd use. Though the rest of the rules provide a
vaguely physics-inspired movement system (note: I did not say
_realistic_) the missile and fighter rules are plain dim. Yeah,
they're simple, but really they don't make much sense with the
other movement.

I'd like to play with fighters using normal movement plots, though
making them as maneuverable as the kravak, and ditto with missiles.

The problem is then to come up with some elegant hack which would
allow fighters some fudgeing at the end of the turn, so they'd be
more able to dogfight, etc. Maybe they don't plot in advance, but
do use the normal vectorish move?

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: TV SF's glorious past ;-) Next: Re: Fighter movement