Prev: Re: A, AA, BREW, ... Next: SGII: Units in position

RE: A, AA, BREW, ... (actually on topic)

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 07:42:47 -0400
Subject: RE: A, AA, BREW, ... (actually on topic)

>>  Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 08:42:49 +0100
>>  From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@bolton.ac.uk>
>>  No. You are spot on. I think the main problem is the number of
fighters
>>  carried (As beams can represent multiple weapons firing together,
they
>>  are not a major factor), so if you relax the space taken by a hanger
>>  deck, you can make more 'fragile' ships. Note however that when
compared
>>  to the fighters, most B5 ships are massive. (Although Drazi Sunhawks
are
>>  only cruisers at best.)

Massive == durable? Idunno. Most of those ships seem to brew up
pretty well when hit. Also, aren't we talking about usable mass,
when talking in game terms, anyway? Following that, we figured
that even if a human cruiser was as large as a mimbari, it would
actually rate fewer mass points, given its fragile structure, etc.,
but otherwise stayed in the normal-ish FT range for sizes.

>>  The capital Ship weaponry needs to be sufficiently powerful, and the
>>  ships sufficiently large such that fighters do not compleatly
dominate
>>  the game. In practice, fighters can 'anoy' a capital ship, but don't
>>  appear to be much of a real threat.

Not just for B5, but we already didn't like how powerful fighters
were, so we usually give 'em all a -1 in combat against anything
but more fighters.

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: Re: A, AA, BREW, ... Next: SGII: Units in position