Prev: [CrystalMud] Unfinished Specification Next: Re: Micromachines Ships

A, AA, BREW, ...

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 17:24:52 -0400
Subject: A, AA, BREW, ...

A couple of friedns and I ended up playing B5-FT with a couple of
Narn cruisers against a couple of Centari cruisers, with victory
going, naturally, to the Centauri. We had, as we put it, a "good
hair day".

Anyway, we looked over a couple of the B5 adaptations of FT and
noticed the bigger than normal weaponry and the bigger than normal
ships, and wondered at the reason to scale both, rather than leave
the ships in a more standard FT-size realm, and the weapons likewise.

We found it more satisfactory to use A as the absolute maximum that
the more primitive cultures (Narn, Human, Cantauri) could muster,
with perhaps the Mimbari having AA batteries. So why then the BREW,
BGEW, Heavy Beam, etc.? If the ships were not scaled to almost double
the FT sizes, the weaponry would't need upgrading.

Is there something we're missing?

BTW: I would have rathered played a Narn, but you've gotta admit that
the pooftah Centauri can be fun - if reprehensible.

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: [CrystalMud] Unfinished Specification Next: Re: Micromachines Ships