Prev: Re: The new FMA Next: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad

Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 02:52:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad

On 12 Sep 1996 M.J.Elliott@uk22p.bull.co.uk wrote:

> Adam Delafield wrote:
>
> >I'd only give Gurilla, Partizan, Tororist or Criminal forces mixed
> >armament though. Regular armies will tend to have the same type of
weapon
> >to ease supply problems (eg. weapons use NATO rifle ammo and M16
boxes for
> >most Western armies). And most Gurilla and Partizan forces will use
the
> >same type of weapon as their opponent (so they can 'liberate' ammo).
>
> I would agree with this completely. It would be VERY unusual for any
> regular forces to have mixed small arms. Good point.

It depends a little on the army. Stealing examples from That Other
Company, Tyranids (with lots of various bio-weapons) or Eldar (with
lasguns and shuriken catapults; both use the same power source, but the
shuriken catapults need additional ammo) could have mixed squads without

excessive supply problems... and if you go to armies with all-energy
weapons, you could have the same ammo for all weapons - including heavy
support weapons - and mix them freely in a squad.

Of course, that's for BDS...

Oerjan Ohlson

"Father, what is wrong?"
"My shoes are too tight. But it does not matter, because
 I have forgotten how to dance."
- Londo Mollari

Prev: Re: The new FMA Next: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad