Prev: SGII Activations Next: Murphy's Laws of Combat

Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 01:04:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad

>Question:  If I have a squad of, let's say, 6 troopers, can they be
armed
>with multiple types of small arms?

>ie:  one trooper with a Guass Rifle w/GL, four troopers with Advanced
>Assault Riles and a Squad Leader with a Light Autopistol.  Let's say
that
>they're firing at a target within close range.  I figure their Small
Arms
>Firepower die should be a d12 ((GR w/GL: 3 x 1 = 3)+(AAR: 2 x 4 =
8)+(LA:
>1 x 1 = 1).  If this is correct, how do I determine what weapon impact
die
>to use if I beat my opponent's range die with both my die rolls
(d12,d10
>and/or d6)?

The rules do not prevent you from having a squad with mixed small arms.
However, as you describe above, you can work out the Firepower die OK
but
it gets tricky when you come to resolving any potential hits. One way
would
be to use the "Quick and Dirty Option" on p36. This doesn't use Impact
vs
Armour die rolls. Otherwise you will have to decide somehow which Impact

die type to use (say a random choice?).

Yes, its possible, but is it worth the effort? Its up to you and your
preferred background. In practice, I think you'll find that its a lot
easier to have units with only one small arms type (or at any rate only
one
Impact Die type).

Mike Elliott, Ground Zero Games (m.j.elliottàuk22p.bull.co.uk)
To subscribe to the Full-Thrust Mailing list, E-mail to:
mxserveràbolton.ac.uk
The message should read:  Subscribe FTGZG-L Name Where name is Your
name.
The subject line can be left blank. You will receive further
instructions.

Prev: SGII Activations Next: Murphy's Laws of Combat