Prev: Re: FLASH PRESS RELEASE FROM ESU 3RD FLEET H Next: SGII Activations

Re: [DSII] Online Conversion?

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 00:19:13 -0400
Subject: Re: [DSII] Online Conversion?

>Hello, Mr Elliot:

Call me Mike, please 8-)

>I will be working on the user interface design of a new MUCK soon, and
we
>would like to use your DIRTSIDE II and possibly FULL THRUST for the
>near-orbital vehicles, rules as the underpinning of the basic
>environmental combat system.  The actual setting will revolve around a
>Balkanized frontier colony and the struggles between various factions.

>The interface will be entirely text-based, reminiscent of the BTECH
>MUSEs', but turn-based, just as DSII's, with alternate unit movement,
etc.
> We would prefer your and Mr Tuffley's blessing, however, before
>proceeding with development.  (Those nasty lawsuits do tend to put a
crimp
>in one's enjoyment of a game.	°grin§)

>Thank you for your indulgence and in providing a truly wonderful game
>engine, whatever your response.

>					 Alex Williams

Our general policy regarding computer versions of any of our games is
that
we are happy to allow anyone to design and make available such software
PROVIDED it is purely non-commercial, that is, you are not going to make

any money out of it.

We also reserve the right to review our permission for the above in
respect
of any individual product at any time.

If any product is in any way offered commercially (even as Shareware) we

reserve the right to review the product and grant or deny licensing
rights
at our discretion.

Along similar lines, any play aids (eg crib sheets) may be freely
reproduced or made available electronically by fans for fans PROVIDED
that
in so doing it is NOT possible to play the game WITHOUT buying the
appropriate rule book. Clearly if it were possible to do so, Jon's
intellectual copyright would have been violated.

You will appreciate that the above is necessary in order to preserve Jon

Tuffley's intellectual copyright. Remember that JMT is a one-man
business
(yours truly is an unpaid volunteer game design consultant (cor, that
sounds good!)) and he has to make a living and pay off his mortgage.

Hope that helps,

Mike Elliott, GZG

Prev: Re: FLASH PRESS RELEASE FROM ESU 3RD FLEET H Next: SGII Activations