Prev: Re: Micromachines Ships Next: Re: Micromachines Ships

RE: Micromachines Ships

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner@t...>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 06:07:00 -0400
Subject: RE: Micromachines Ships

>I image the ship model is an icon for the actual craft it represents.
If
you
>want to get all scaly then you can do it for the popular backgrounds
but
its
>not
>worth the effort I'd rather play the game, but if scale modeling
matters
>you...
I guess the point for me is that I'm not familiar enough
with Star Trek to know how big things are supposed to be.
So I can play the game better (more easily) if the model's
size represents the ship's size, so I can get an idea from
looking at the thing whether it is a frigate or battleship.

The whole point of using Micromachines for me is to lessen
the amount of work for me--I don't have to paint 'em.  They
are also cheap when on sale (Toys R Us, KayBee).  So the scale
modeling is important only in that I want the model to give
me an idea of what the ship is supposed to be.	It isn't
that I want to get models that show the right size of the
Star Trek ship; it is that I want the models I use to give
a general idea of what size ship it is.  I'm sure some of
the things I'll use for medium size ships were intended to
represent small ones.  The most extreme that I've got is
the jet bikes with the guys cut off.  I really think they
make neat space ships.

andy

Prev: Re: Micromachines Ships Next: Re: Micromachines Ships