Prev: Re: I bought it! Next: Re: Tours

RE: Micromachines Ships

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 18:34:41 -0400
Subject: RE: Micromachines Ships

At 01:33 PM 8/29/96 EDT, you wrote:

>Do you treat the Micromachines ships for being the scale they're
>supposed to be, or for the size the model is?

I bought Star Trek Micromachines because it was the only thing I could
find
at a relatively cheap cost that I didn't have to paint. :)

We use the relative sizes of the ships and forget about what they
"really
are" in ST terms. The Galaxy class Enterprise (Next Generation) becomes
light cruiser due to its sleek lines. The Enterprise C becaomes a heavy
cruiser. I've used runabouts for escorts. The Excelsior (the flying
bathtub
from Star Trek 3) is a battleship with the Stargazer acting as either a
battledreadnought or a carrier. The Grissom makes a good dreadnought or
carrier as well.

For the aliens, we lump the Romulans and Klingons into one force. This
allows the Romulan scout to be used as a destroyer, the Romulan warbirds
as
battleships, and the Klingon ships as cruisers. I've also used Runabouts
as
"Klingon" escorts or freighters. If you turn the Ferengi ship around so
it
faces backwards, or do the same with the Cardassian ship, the two ships
look
as though they could belong to the same fleet (they have one rounded end
and
one pointy end).

I find that the Star Trek figures are better packaged for FT than the
Star
Wars figures. There are few ST figures that I can't use (anyone want to
buy
a bunch of shuttlecraft?). However, the Star Wars figures are pretty
good if
you play Silent Death as well as Full Thrust, as there is currently a
set
for C$10 that has an X-Wing, a TIE fighter, a B-Wing, a Star Destroyer
and
the Millenium Falcon. Not much per box for one game, but a good by for
two
sets of figures.

Oh, one more thing. Anyone notice that Micromachines has Rebel infantry
(in
the Endor strike team uniforms)? With those figures and the
stormtroopers,
you could do Star Wars in Stargrunt 2.

Allan

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca