Prev: Re: I bought it! Next: Re: Micromachines Ships

Re: Simple Question

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:44:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Simple Question

Geoff wrote:
>Although it is pretty obvious that PDAF's only fire once
>per turn, is the same also true of ADAF's ?

Yes.

>It is unclear to me (from several re-reading's of the rules) whether
>an ADAF may fire at any and all fighter groups within range
>or whether it must pick one.

I know this is interpreted in different ways, but it would seem the main
purpose of an ADAF is to extend a typical PDAF system to also protect
other
nearby ships.  We use only one target per ADAF per turn.

>If it is the latter, then this would certianly make fighters
>pretty horrifying. We have played a few games with ADAF's
>firing at all groups withing range and we're all paranoid
>about fighter attacks as it is....

Yes, fighters are quite deadly.  I like ideas posted earlier about using
escort and cruiser size ships mounted with *DAF to work as a protective
screen from fighters and missiles, similiar to modern fleet tactics.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: I bought it! Next: Re: Micromachines Ships