Prev: Re: Real Life Thrust (was: hyperspace) Next: RE: Micromachines Ships

Re: Micromachines Ships

From: davisje@a... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 08:32:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Micromachines Ships

>     How many people have been able to find the new Bablyon 5
Micromachines.
> I've been looking at Target, Walmart, K-B Toys, and Toys-R-Us and
can't
> find them here in the south San Francisco Bay area :-(  I'd love to
get a
> copy of the newer Narn ships.

I was able to find two packages of Micromachines with the Narn
battlecruiser at an Albany, NY Wal-Mart.  None of the Narn cruisers
were available.

Galoob sent me e-mail in early August, but it doesn't seem very
attractive since they state "prices are significantly higher."

> From owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk Fri Aug  9 07:25 EDT 1996
> Sender: owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk
> Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 06:49:47 -0400
> From: davisje@ash.crd.ge.com (Jonathan Davis)
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: News from Galoob
>

> I got this response today from Galoob, the makers of the Space
> Micro Machines for Star Trek, Babylon 5, and Star Wars models.

> STAR WARS ACTION FLEET BATTLE PACKS NOW ON THE GALOOB TOYS WEB SITE
> (http://www.galoob.com)!
>
> A SOURCE FOR HARD-TO-FIND MICRO MACHINES
>
> Dear Star Wars, Star Trek and Babylon 5 Micro Machines Fan:
>
> This message has been sent to you because over the past months you
have
> communicated with Galoob Toys about obtaining various kinds of
> harder-to-find Micro Machines. (If this message was sent to you in
error,
> or you have since found the Micro Machines you were looking for, we
> apologize for the unnecessary mail.)
>
> The news is:
>
> If you have checked your area Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target and
> Kay-Bee stores, and other toy and discount retailers--always the best
> sources for any Galoob products--and are still unable to locate a
product,
> we now offer limited direct sales as a service to consumers via our
> 1-800-4-GALOOB consumer service line.
>
> But please note: SELECTION AND QUANTITIES ARE LIMITED--FIRST COME,
FIRST
> SERVED, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST--payment is by check or money order only,
there
> are no special orders on out-of-stock items, and prices are
significantly
> higher than they are in stores because of handling charges and because
we
> are obliged not to compete with our retail customers. No dealers,
please.

> The line is open from 9am to 5pm, Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
>
> The reason why certain Micro Machines products have been harder to
find
> lately is that the spring and summer are the "dog days" of the toy
> business. Product sells more slowly, and most retailers do not want to
> order more product to restock their shelves until the fall and holiday
> selling seasons arrive.
>
> We are trying this experiment of making some limited quantities
available
> directly to the public out of our appreciation for the dedicated Star
Wars,