Prev: Re: Fighter Numbers/Regroup Option Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re[2]: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: CNCALD@c...
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 10:40:35 -0400
Subject: Re[2]: Star Wars Full Thrust

> >with a single TIE interceptor (first time I played TIE fighter), I
> >haven't paid much attention to using the computer games as a useful
> >source of information...
>
> And HOW praytell did you do that? Were you in invulnerable mode? I
have
> never been able to even weaken one's shields!

     <SNIP>

>Once it's shields are down, switch to ion cannons and repeat the
>above until all its systems are knocked out (it can no longer fire
>at you). Then, sit at whichever place gives you the most pleasing
>perspective, and hammer it with standard lasers until it rolls
>over and dies.

<SNIP>

Well, we're getting off topic, but in the original TIE Fighter game (ie
- no
addons) the TIE Interceptor does not have ion cannons. The TIE Defender
and
Assault ship do, though, but they also come with shields.  In the last
mission
of the campaign I did take out a SD with a Defender. Somewhat difficult,
but not
impossible, once the starfighters defending it were taken out.

So, to get back to FT, anyone got any ideas for stats for the Defender?

Also, I too am working on some SW stats for Star Destroyers.  I'd like
to run a
scenario similar to the Hoth raid - SDs warp in, some resistance to
their attack
which determines what percentage of their troops land, then land the
troops and
move over to the DS2 battlefield.

This requires a megaship, though, to account for the number of walkers
and
troops a SD can carry in addition to its fighter complement.

I'll post my design for review when finished.

Prev: Re: Fighter Numbers/Regroup Option Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust