Prev: Re: CAMPAIGN RULES Next: Re: Real Life Thrust (was: hyperspace)

Re: Full Thrust questions

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 07:42:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Thrust questions

On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Kelvin wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, Chad Taylor wrote:

> I found that the Kra'Vak are quite well balanced in fact. (Ducks the
> flying debris that the rest of the news group hurl at him)  Really.
> Either I just have good luck fighting them or the Kra'Vak player at
our
> club is rotten with them or they really are balanced.

I know the feeling :)

> > Can the Scattergun be used as an anti-missile weapon?
>
> I personally don't see why not (and I don't play Kra'Vak, they smell
;-) ).

> >	If not that would seem like a major weakness in this race (it
was
> > a couple of missile cruisers that shut down the Kra'Vak in the
earlier
> > game, that and the Kra'Vak player let the grubby humans hit his
force
> > piece meal).

(snip)
> >	 I'm thinking missiles and heavy fighters by the ton.
>
> Missiles, yes.  Fighters get SHREDDED by Scat-packs so you'd need
heaps
> (more than 20 squadrons of the suckers) to even get close to hurting
his
> ships.

Really?  My thought was that once the Scats were gone (they are one
shots
after all) one fighter squadron and some patience could destroy an
entire
Kra'Vak fleet.	I thought the heavy fighters would be ideal for this
(extra survivability).

By the way, what would be considered a "large" fleet battle?

I just bought a model of DS9 (that star trek thing) that measures about
40cm across and looks great beside my FT models, it actually "looks" to
scale (although I'm sure the "actual" scale is way off).  So, what is
the
largest Station anyone has designed?  Every time I sit down to work on
one
I get a little dizzy ;)

> > I can't seem to find the points cost for the Sa'Vasku ships, could
someone
> > help me out here?
> >

> There aren't any yet.  But there's been plenty of tries at it on the
this
> group.

Have any points systems been more accepted than others?  Could someone
(re) post them, if that would not be too much of a pain of course.

Has anyone come up with campaign rules for Full Thrust?

I'm sorry about all these silly newby type questions, but I just got to
ask.   :)

							Chad Taylor

Prev: Re: CAMPAIGN RULES Next: Re: Real Life Thrust (was: hyperspace)