Prev: Re: Fighter Numbers/Regroup Option Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re: Stargrunt II

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 14:37:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II

On 27 Aug 1996, John Phelps wrote:

> >Could you just detach the Squad Leader from the Squad, then break the
> >Squad up into two elements or seperate detachments (Fire Teams)?
That way
> >the Squad Leader could sit tight in one location, spend an action to
> >activate one Fire Team (giving them two actions) and spend another
action
> >to activate the other Fire Team (giving them two actions).
> >
> >I have no idea if the above is legal, I just started playing (I don't
even
> >have a copy of the rules).  :)
> >

> I'm not sure, I'll have to check the rules on individuals.  I'm not
sure
> you can do that, but that would solve it.  Of course, you could deploy
that
> way to begin with - two small "squads" and an individual extra leader.

> That would actually give you more actions.  ;)
>
> John

A few more questions along that line.

you can have your heavy weapons fire at targets different from the rest
of
the squad right?  What if I have two PPG, can I have both of them fire
at
the same "other" target, would they combine?

We played our first game (after picking up the rules that day) a few
days
ago.  At the end of the game Mike was getting smacked around pretty bad
(we have no idea if it was a balanced battle of course).  He had one
squad
leader left in power armor, just for the heck of it he
charged him into H-H with a full squad in normal battle dress.	After we
decided he made the assault (he actually fell short) we went about
matching him up with my troops (it was like 1:9), and six guys were
placed
around him.  We then rolled, he got a six (doubled to 12) and killed all
six guys without chance of injury.  Is this for real?  Is there nothing
for being outnumbered in H-H taken into account?  Could some dweeb with
sword (or some other hand weapon so he has a d10 and I have a d8) roll a
9
and do the same thing?	I realize that there are all kinds of rolls that
must be made for one lone joker to get into CC with a force that
outnumbers him, but still...

How do you go about balancing one force against another?  Has anyone
come up with a point system to use as a guide?	I realize I
probably just stepped on some toes by asking that, but I really don't
feel
like playing a dozen+ games just to learn how to play one balanced game.

Can you combine two squads into one?  I plan on fielding 9 man squads of
light infantry (two PPG per squad) and wanted to include on the battle
field separate 3 man heavy teams (one man carrying a SAW) acting as
independent squads.  One of the things I would like to do is be able to
combine a Heavy team/squad and one of my light squads during a battle
(so
there would actually be two squad leaders in this "reinforced" squad).
Is
that legal, or would I have to do that before the game started?

Can a Platoon Leader activate the same squad twice in the same turn
(using
both of his actions)?

Is there a modifier for activating a squad (higher command to lower
command) if that squad is suppressed?

How much interesting stuff has been posted to the list that I have
missed?
Is there anyway for me to get a look at old files (archive)?

Has anybody posted scenarios?  Would anybody be interested in any?

						Chad Taylor

Prev: Re: Fighter Numbers/Regroup Option Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust