Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 13:33:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

In message <199608221740.NAA19674@cliff.cris.com> you wrote:

> >> Ummm ... no. The TIE/in is the interceptor. The TIE/st is the
standard
> >> tie fighter, the TIE/bm is the tie bomber, the TIE/ip is the tie
> >> interceptor prototype (Vader's Fighter)
> >
> >Maybe you're using a different source than I am. The Star Wars
Sourcebook
> >(for the SW RPG, 1st Edition) lists stats for all the TIE fighter
types
> >I've given here, as I listed them. The TIE/in and TIE interceptors
are
> >two entirely different types of fighters, and no mention of TIE/st
and
> >TIE/bm.
>
> I agree with Paul on the designations.  Your source book might not be
as up
> to date if it doesn't even include TIE bombers.

It does (as well as TIE interceptors). TIE/gt is a sort of half way
stage between the TIE/in and the TIE Bomber. Most other sources I've
seen seem to have been drawn from the RPG rules, so I'd say the RPG
rules are the most reliable.

> Actually they did.  In ROTJ, some rebel fighters took out a screen
generator
> on the Super SD, followed by an out of control A-wing kamakaze run
into the
> SD'd bridge.	I'd say fighters were very deadly against larger ships.

Remember also that the MC80s had been hammering the ISDs for a
while before that scene. The fighters had a *lot* of backup from
capital ships.

> Remember in SW:ANH, the death star's weaponry had a tough time
tracking
> fighters.  The SDs are generally armed with similar weapons designed
for
> anti-ship with the main defense from fighters residing in screens.

I think the main anti-fighter defence in SW is more fighters.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust