Prev: Re: B5 BREWs update. (SPOILER warning) Next: RE: Re:Something Strange..

Re: Stargrunt II

From: Geoff Webb <geoffw@j...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 08:25:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt II

owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk:
> Not to change the subject...

< snip >
> I immediatly
> changed the rules to say that the detached squad gets 1 action per
turn
> unless the Squad leader comms with them to give them two. That takes
one
> from him.
>
> Let me know how everyone else plays this.
>
> Jay Haygood

I'd always kind of assumed that an action is required to issue an order
the detachment but after that they would continue until told to stop.

eg. Your Squad leader would spend one action to tell them to lay down
supressive fire. After that, they would continue to do so until
told to stop. In the next turn, they main squad would be back to 2
actions to assault the building and the detachment would have 2 actions
of supressive firing.

I agree that it's kind of silly for the detachment to do nothing at all
though although that is what the rules say.

I guess the 'cost one action to activate' rule is there to prevent too
many
detachments from large units, which would be unrealistic.

I think your suggestion would work just fine as long as it wasn't
abused. Maybe a limit to the number of detachments from a unit ?
How about a time limit after which the detachment stops what they
are doing and need 're-prompting' with a command action ?

Geoff.

Prev: Re: B5 BREWs update. (SPOILER warning) Next: RE: Re:Something Strange..