Prev: RE: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rul Next: RE: Re:Something Strange..

Mars

From: Alun Thomas <A.Thomas@f...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 07:13:22 -0400
Subject: Mars

> From: SimonC@denplan.co.uk (Simon Campbell-Smith)
>
> [...] Also what about those
> "pyramids" on Mars! There has been some speculation recently again in
the
> UK press. I think it was the Daily Express or Mail about a week ago.

It was the Daily Mail I think.
I had a quick skim through the article, It looks like a guy called
Hoagland (sp?) is trying to push a book on the subject - wasn't he
the one trying to convince people that there was a glass city on the
moon a few years back ?

All in all, I'm a bit sceptical about the whole thing - I suspect it
will
turn out to be some unusual (but natural) geography and a trick of the
light. I'm certainly not about to buy a book based on a few dodgy images
from the '70s when we'll have much better info in a year or so, when
global surveyor and pathfinder get there.

Then again, the last 2 probes to Mars didn't make it.....

    ALun.
    ~~~~

Prev: RE: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rul Next: RE: Re:Something Strange..