Prev: Re: B5 BREWs update. (SPOILER warning) Next: Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!)

Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!)

From: I wouldn't go out with a woman who I wouldn't trust on belay <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 08:58:31 -0400
Subject: Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!)

>Just in case..There is a spoiler for Walkabout in this message..
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>*
>Considering that we now know that the shadows can be stopped
>(briefly) by telepaths, I was wondering how do we incorporate
>telepaths into FT for B5?

I haven't seen Walkabout yet, but someone (at work) already 'ruined'
this for me, so...

You could 'buy' a Telepath unit for a ship for some inordinate cost,
then let them be represented on the ship systems display by an
encircled 'T' (much like how the Damage Control parties are represented
with an encircled wrench).

You also might want to place a limit on the number of Telepaths that
could even be remotely available for a given scenario.

>Should we consider a telepath on board a ship, part of the ships
>systems for the sake of practicality?	Or is the telepath only
>affected by mental overload from the shadows  themselves.  Entailing
>a separate mental attack phase?
>
>Or should they be susceptible to the physical damage taken by the
>ship (although if this was a shadow attack, damage would seem likely
>to be total).

I think you should include them in with the ship systems. This way they
are susceptible (sp?) to being injured/killed in a basic combat
situation.

But if you get hit with a Shadow ship weapon, the point might be moot.
;-)

>One thing that seems certain is that the telepath system should  only
>have a single arc of  'fire'.	This is because the shadow ship must be
in
>line of sight for the telepaths abilities to work.

*nod*
Seems reasonable

>One question to ponder is  would the use of telepaths completely
unbalance
> a B5 battle involving the shadows?

I dunno. Consider a battle involving Shadows w/out a Telepath...  ;-)

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: B5 BREWs update. (SPOILER warning) Next: Re: IRe: More ideas on B5 (spoiler alert!)