Prev: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust Next: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:53:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

<sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk>
> writes:
>
> >The TIE/in is the standard TIE (the T.I.E. designation was only
> >used for the prototype).
>
> Ummm ... no. The TIE/in is the interceptor. The TIE/st is the standard
> tie fighter, the TIE/bm is the tie bomber, the TIE/ip is the tie
> interceptor prototype (Vader's Fighter)

Maybe you're using a different source than I am. The Star Wars
Sourcebook
(for the SW RPG, 1st Edition) lists stats for all the TIE fighter types
I've given here, as I listed them. The TIE/in and TIE interceptors are
two entirely different types of fighters, and no mention of TIE/st and
TIE/bm.

I tend to go with the SW RPG rules, mainly because I've been playing
them for the last 5 five years, and I practically know the designations
off the top of my head.

[...my ideas for TIE/xx designations deleted...]

> I'd be hesitant to add the other designations because there is no data
> back them up. I like the classifications you came up with, and I  KNOW
> they'd be helpful, but they have no hard data.  ????

See above. If you don't have a SW RPG sourcebook handy, I can send
you the stats (in SW RPG terms).

> Thanks. Here's my speel on the X-Wing. The x-wing in the rebel
alliance
> standard all purpose fighter/bomber/interceptor/deaTH STAR KILLER/ DO
IT
> ALL ... BLAH BLAH BLAH. Oops, caps lock. Anywho, I gave it the heavy
> fighter status over the interceptor status to give it it's
survivability
> which it is famed for. Interceptor status would totally remove its
> anti-shipping abilities. ?????

I can't think of any times we really see X-Wings going up against
big ships, except for the Death Star. They seem to be mainly used
in a dogfighting role (maybe they have needle torpedoes - useful
for hitting that thermal exhaust port and knocking out the main
reactor :) ).

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust Next: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)