Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: Re: Cool Counters

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: davisje@a... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 14:24:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

> Jerry Han wrote:
>
> Yeah, I see it now.  Hmmm.  The idea of fighters having stand-off
weapons
> outside the 6" range of ADAF/PDAF defences still bothers me
somewhat...

I think that this is reasonable since the submunitions (proton torpedos)
are a single shot weapon.  It would depend on the *DAF of the target
whether
it's more advantageous to close within 6" or hit in a standoff mode at
6"-12".
If you would lose over 1/2 of your attacking force due to *DAF, the
standoff
mode will provide more hits and preserve your fighter group for further
combat.

It's also a great reason to have your own fighter screens protecting
your ships.

> Oh, I'll just stick my head back in the sand.  I'll blame it on the
fact
> that I just got engaged this past weekend.  (8-)

I can relate. Your mind tends to get scrambled during those phases of
your
life.

Jon Davis
davisje@crd.ge.com

Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: Re: Cool Counters