Prev: RE: FT/B5 PBeM - official call for players Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 12:45:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996 22:32:27 +0100 Samuel Penn <sam@bifrost.demon.co.uk>
writes:

>The TIE/in is the standard TIE (the T.I.E. designation was only
>used for the prototype).

Ummm ... no. The TIE/in is the interceptor. The TIE/st is the standard
tie fighter, the TIE/bm is the tie bomber, the TIE/ip is the tie
interceptor prototype (Vader's Fighter)

>I'd suggest:
>
>TIE/in 	  standard fighter
>TIE/gt 	  attack fighter
>TIE/rc 	  special: fast fighters which carry sensors (as per
>active
>		  military sensors), and do half damage versus fighters
>		  and ships.
>TIE/fc 	  special: designates a target within 6" of the
>squadron,
>		  and all large ships gets +1 to beam weapon attacks
>		  when rolling damage against it.
>TIE bomber	  torpedo fighter
>TIE interceptor  interceptor

I'd be hesitant to add the other designations because there is no data
back them up. I like the classifications you came up with, and I  KNOW
they'd be helpful, but they have no hard data.	????

>Remember also that rebel fighters all have hyperspace capability.
>They also have shields, effectively making them heavy fighters,
>but we'd have to start having multi-type fighters so it's probably
>best to ignore this latter. I'd say X-Wings should be interceptors
>(since they're damn good at dog fighting), but otherwise as you've
>got.

Thanks. Here's my speel on the X-Wing. The x-wing in the rebel alliance
standard all purpose fighter/bomber/interceptor/deaTH STAR KILLER/ DO IT
ALL ... BLAH BLAH BLAH. Oops, caps lock. Anywho, I gave it the heavy
fighter status over the interceptor status to give it it's survivability
which it is famed for. Interceptor status would totally remove its
anti-shipping abilities. ?????

>And then there's the Super Class Star Destroyer...
>(I'll ignore the Death Star, and the really sick super ships in
>Dark Empire).

Her's how we did the Death Star ... it was the entire WALL of the store
we were playing at ... and it picks a single ship each turn and poof ...
it's gone!  :P

Any ideas?

Paul

Prev: RE: FT/B5 PBeM - official call for players Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust