Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products) Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products

Re: CMD Future Wars products

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 14:47:06 -0400
Subject: Re: CMD Future Wars products

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996 16:00:53 BST timj@uk.gdscorp.com writes:

>Agreed Now - but in 200 years when we have FTL drives :-) I think they
>would be part of the usual combat regalia. Just look at the Future Wars
25mm
>figures they have all sorts of helmet cam's and sensors depicted on the
model. If
>you've seen  the Predator Movie thats the sort of sensors where going
have and >a cammo net  ain't gonna make it.

If you go by that line of thought, then most likely cammo nets would
logically have imaging scrambling fibers ... much the same way that the
B2 and stealth fighter (f117?) has polymers that absorb radar and IR
images.

>This is one area where SF movie makers have generally screwed up. The
>colonial marines in Aliens should certainly have had thermal imaging
(Hey
>Vasquez whats them hot spots in the roof - Let's Rock Brrrrrr - end
movie)

I thing the Colonial Marines DID ... at least they had infra red

>I never use the Smoke rules in Ds2 for this reason.

But isn't the smoke in DSII bi-spectral? I think that is the reason it
DOES work is that the smoke is full of metallic particles and heat so
that thermal imagery doesn't work.

Paul

Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products) Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products