Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products Next: Re: NAC Marines

Re: CMD Future Wars products

From: Alun Thomas <A.Thomas@f...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 11:41:00 -0400
Subject: Re: CMD Future Wars products

> From: timj@uk.gdscorp.com
> Paul wrote:
> --My point is that 99% of the grunts on the field DON'T have access to
such
> --things.
>
> Agreed Now - but in 200 years when we have FTL drives :-)[...]
>
> This is one area where SF movie makers have generally screwed up. The
colonial
> marines in Aliens should certainly have had thermal imaging (Hey
Vasquez whats
> them hot spots in the roof - Let's Rock Brrrrrr - end movie) and the
Storm
> Troopers in Star Wars. I think The T1000 had it in T1.

"I hate to rain on your parade, but..."

In the scene where the marines first go into the nest, and one of them
(Hudson ?)
announces that he's picking up something on his motion tracker, the rest
of the
team doesn't believe him, 'cause they can't seem them in IR.

"Maybe they don't show up in infrared..."

    Alun.
    ~~~~

Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products Next: Re: NAC Marines