Prev: BDU masking (was Re: CMD Future Wars products) Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products

Re: CMD Future Wars products

From: timj@u...
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 11:00:53 -0400
Subject: Re: CMD Future Wars products

Paul wrote:

--My point is that 99% of the grunts on the field DON'T have access to
such
--things.

Agreed Now - but in 200 years when we have FTL drives :-) I think they
would be
part of the usual combat regalia. Just look at the Future Wars 25mm
figures they
have all sorts of helmet cam's and sensors depicted on the model. If
you've seen
the Predator Movie thats the sort of sensors where going to have and a
cammo net
ain't gonna make it.

This is one area where SF movie makers have generally screwed up. The
colonial
marines in Aliens should certainly have had thermal imaging (Hey Vasquez
whats
them hot spots in the roof - Let's Rock Brrrrrr - end movie) and the
Storm
Troopers in Star Wars. I think The T1000 had it in T1.

If you can build a faster than light drive then you can mass produce
micro
thermal imaging systems surely?

I never use the Smoke rules in Ds2 for this reason.

	Tim Jones

Prev: BDU masking (was Re: CMD Future Wars products) Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products